DEX 403 Declarative Development for Platform App Builders in Lightning Experience
This comprehensive hands-on course is a must for new application developers or developers who are new to Salesforce. Participants will learn how to use the declarative “clicks not code” capabilities of the Lightning platform to create custom applications and customize existing applications. Build your knowledge of objects, fields, UI customization, automation tools, security, app deployment, and more!
This comprehensive hands-on course is a must for new application developers or developers who are new to Salesforce. Participants will learn how to use the declarative "clicks not code" capabilities of the Lightning platform to create custom applications and customize existing applications. Build your knowledge of objects, fields, UI customization, automation tools, security, app deployment, and more!
Who should take this course?
Ideal for programmers and point-and-click developers who want to understand the declarative development tools available on the platform.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Build and customize multi-user Salesforce applications.
- Create custom objects.
- Customize the user interface.
- Create advanced workflows and validation rules.
- Automate business processes with Process Builder, approvals, and flows.
- Manage your data.
- Develop a custom user interface using Lightning App Builder.
Prepare for the course with this Trailmix.
Building Your Data Model
- Understanding Objects on the Lightning Platform
- Creating Custom Objects
- Creating Custom Fields
- Creating Relationships Between Objects
- External Objects
- Schema Builder
Profiles and Permissions
- Permission Sets
- Field Level Security
Controlling Access to Records
- Record Ownership
- Organization Wide Defaults
- Roles and Groups
Building Your User Interface
- Custom Applications and Custom Tabs
- Page Layouts
- Lightning App, Record, and Home Page
- Salesforce Mobile App
- Quick Actions
- Record Types and the User Interface
- Meeting User Requirements
Introducing Business Logic
- Formula Fields
- Roll-Up Summary Fields
- Useful Operators and Functions
- Debug Logs
- Developer Console
Preserving Data Quality
- Enforcing Conditionally Required Fields
- Enforcing Proper Data Format
- Enforcing Consistency
- Preventing Data Loss
Automating with Lightning Process Builder and Workflow
- Scheduled Actions
- Workflow Rules
Automating Business Processes with Approvals
- Defining Approval Processes
- Options for Approving Records
Automating Business Processes Using Flow
- Understanding Flow
- Creating Flows
- Deploying Flows
- Auto launched Flows
Save Order of Execution
- Exploring the Save Order of Execution
- Working with Transactions
- Auditing Configuration Changes
- Auditing Data
- Keeping Track of Unauthorized Changes
Deploying Your App
- Change Sets
- Alternatives to Change Sets
- Data Operations (Export, Delete, Insert, Update, Upsert)
- Tools for Data Management
- Bulk API
Reports and Dashboards
- Report Types
- Reporting Snapshots
Deciding When Declarative Isn't Enough
- Declarative Limits
- Programmatic Alternatives